I attended a Pokemon themed birthday party for my son’s friend this past weekend. I was excited to share my PokeParty experience but I was sad that I never thought to make her something. It inspired me into another project. I decided to make a Pikachu hat for my son. I freehanded it so it isn’t perfect but I am so proud of how it turned out.
For a base, a simple hat pattern should suffice. I used yellow Bernat Yarn I got from the Sally Ann for 2$ and a 5mm hook. I made a bucket hat and added ear flaps.
To make the Pikachu ears, I made a magic ring, and increased in 8’s to 16 and made rows till I found a suitable length. A total of 23 rows (6 black, 16 yellow) I stuffed them with stuffing and sewed them on last.
For the eyes I made 2 black circles, 2 smaller white circles and sewed them together. The cheeks were a 2 red circles. I sewed them on after embroidering the nose.
I am very proud of this Pikachu hat. It’s the second biggest hat project I have taken on (Pirate hat is #1). I am excited to make many more character hats and share them with you.